Ever saw some/none of the DB calls in jboss (4.2.3) and oracle (9i) failing with the following error. The exceptions can be all different types, but eventually caused by this following exception.

. . Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: oracle.sql.converter.CharacterConverters.toUnicodeChars([BI[CII)I . .

This happened when I tried to switch databases this morning (both Oracle 9i) . Nothing fixed it till I replaced both the Driver jars(_nls_charset12-10.2.0.jar, ojdbc14-10.2.0.jar) _, preferrably from somwhere the connection is working, I took them from a colleague.  Or you can try and download the latest drivers as well. But make sure to delete your server work and temp directories.



Kishore Chintoju

blog comments powered by Disqus