I finally managed to spend some time to move my blog off wordpress and onto GitHub + Jekyll + Bootstrap combo. I admit. I’m few years late. I’m still happy I did it and in the process achieved following key objectives.i
- Save money
- Learn follwing new tech in the process
- Learn how Github Pages works
- What options do I have for a free site on internet?
- Learn how a Jekyll Site works
This is NOT another ‘how to’ to migrate from ‘Wordpress’ to ‘Jekyll Bootstrap’, there are many other articles on the internet. This is rather a checklist of things you might need or not.
Things I did… In no particular order.
- Build a demo Github pages site
- Experiment with it
- Check it out.. run it locally with Jekyll
- Check out various options.. e.g. plain bootstrap, custom site and jekyll bootstrap
- Export wordpress site
- Learn what are the best ways to do that
- Finally find a way to export from wordpress which works for uni code characters from within the blog
- Import content from exported Wordpress
- Fix uni code file names
- Change all paths to have a blog/ context
blog comments powered by Disqus